EMCOR Services Mesa Energy helped dramatically reduce energy consumption and costs by delivering a turnkey mechanical construction project featuring replacement of an office building's industrial chillers with high-efficiency chillers and compressors.
We were able to help the client improve chiller efficiency from 1.56 kilowatts per ton to 0.37 kilowatts per ton, enabling a 72 percent savings in electrical usage. This increased efficiency reduced chiller energy consumption an average of more than 63,000-kilowatt hours per month—a decrease of 29.2 percent.
Our building automation solution offers more precise control of HVAC energy efficiency, automatically tracks and invoices each tenant's energy consumption, and allows flexible scheduling and override capabilities for management and tenants.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approved the building for ENERGY STAR certification, which helps enhance the building’s market value.
The client wanted to increase the energy efficiency and profitability of a 105,000-square-foot commercial office building, and needed HVAC retrofit solutions.
After obtaining the mechanical construction permits, we handled the entire HVAC energy retrofit process, as well as all associated electrical work, including:
- Removing the old units
- Two 142-ton air-cooled chillers on new spring isolation rails
- Piping for the HVAC system
- Temperature sensors
- Static pressure and pneumatic output pressure transducers
- Dedicated computer allowing authorized personnel to modify and override schedules according to changing needs
- An energy management system that provides direct digital control of:
- Hot and chilled water pumps
- Supply and return fans
- Static pressure controls
- Floor isolation dampers
- Economizer system
- Fabricating, insulating, and leak-checking piping
- Connecting new valves, switches, and gauges
- Starting the system according to factory specifications
- Balancing the flow for optimum chiller operation
- Configuring the system with a web-based user interface that enables building management to view system status and adjust temperature and schedule online
- Training client personnel to operate and manage the chiller, centralized control, and override systems
LBA Realty is a real estate investment and management company with office properties in major markets throughout the western United States including California, Colorado, Washington, and Arizona.